Contributing to the Documentation¶
Well, help us improve it!
The documentation for roles lives in
Due to how the DebOps project was structured during earlier days of developent,
the practice was to
.. include:: an
share references between multiple git repositories.
The current best practice is to use dynamically generated references,
so if you are editing a file in the documentation and you spot this
feel free to remove it and fix the page so it builds without it.
These are a few subjects the current documentation is lacking.
- Debugging tips: How to find and fix bugs in DebOps
- Host Preparation: Describe how DebOps hosts should be prepared (bootstrapped) for management
- Common Configuration: Describe default configuration applied on hosts by the common playbook
- Basic virtualization: Describe virtualization on a basic level with LXC, libvirt+KVM
- Basic mail server: Describe mail server setup with Postfix, Dovecot
- Development network: Describe Vagrant replacement, a development network with DNS, DHCP, PXE and preseeding
- Monorepo layout: How the DebOps github monorepo is structured
- Code standards: How to write Ansible roles for DebOps
- Software sources: How DebOps handles external software
- Project roadmap: Long term plans for DebOps
- GitLab CI tests: How DebOps is tested on GitLab CI
- Vagrant documentation: Information about Vagrant usage in tests
- Jane documentation: Information about Jane
- Testinfra documentation: Information about testinfra usage