Default variable details¶
debops.etc_services default variables have more extensive
configuration than simple strings or lists, here you can find documentation and
examples for them.
etc_services__*_list list variables allow you to generate entries for
local services not included in the officially distributed
file. They will generate separate files for each configured service in
/etc/services.d/ which then will be assembled into the
Each list entry is a YAML dictionary with specific parameters:
- String, required. Name of the service, should be short and unique.
- String, required. TCP or UDP ort used by the service.
- List of strings, optional. Transport layer protocols of the service
port. Common choices:
- String, optional. Comment to add to the service entry.
- String, optional. Use this filename instead of a generated one.
- String, optional. Specify custom file contents instead of templated one. If
it is used, options like
absent. If it's defined and
absent, the local service configuration will be removed.
- Boolean, optional, defaults to False. Delete the given local service.
Create an entry for a custom TCP and UDP service:
etc_services__list: - name: 'servicename' port: '12345' protocols: [ 'tcp', 'udp' ] comment: 'Example service'